A LUXURY LIFE

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Interview - Kareena Kapoor



Q: You’ve lost so much of weight …your looking good.

A: That's because I've been exercising like crazy. You know how we Kapoors have a tendency to gain weight. I've battled that tendency for years.
Q: You had got fantastic accolades for Dev.

A: I know. But I wish more people had seen it. I'm very proud of ‘Dev’. Things have changed a lot since then. Today audiences are far more receptive to new cinematic experiences. Whether it's a complete entertainer like ‘Don’ or a deep enthralling drama like ‘Omkara’, the audience is ready for any kind of new cinema.
Q: You worked with new co-stars in Omkara.

A: Yes, although Saif and I had only a couple of scenes together. We had worked together in ‘LOC’. My co-star in ‘Omkara’ was Ajay Devgan and he's a wonderful person. I know him from my childhood when he was Karisma’s co-star.
Q: How come you had gone from natural to glam-doll in your second film itself?

A: That's because ‘Mujhe Kuch Kehna Hai’ happened to me after ‘Refugee’. I needed to be completely glamorous. Today cinema has changed. So have
Q: That was quite a drastic change!

A: I wanted to acclimatize myself to the audiences' changing taste. Today all actors need to accustom themselves to a new kind of cinema. Even as a person I've matured considerably. When you're younger you tend to be more reckless and immature. Today I feel certain enough to take the right decisions about my life and livelihood.
Q: How come you were hardly there in Chup Chup Ke?

A: Ask Priyadarshan.
Q: How do you feel about being a role model for urban youngsters?

A: I like it because I believe in myself. I try to achieve what I have to. Youngsters identify with that. I'm ambitious. I came in the industry to achieve something and I’m not going to leave until I achieve it.
Q: So tell us something about Karisma, how is she doing?

A: She's doing fine. She's in Mumbai with her daughter. She's open to hearing scripts. She wants to play substantial roles. She's looking her best these days. Pencil-thin and ready to face the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Make ur Comment about improve our Blogs